Working with us is a breeze. Whether you’re in the wind energy business or not.
Iowa State University of Science and Technology. The name says it all. We are industrious, creative, talented, innovative, and bring in more than $243 million a year in research funds. Come partner with us.
Together, we can benefit Iowans, the nation, and the world by forging transformative solutions to the grand challenges of the 21st century: improving the health of humans, animals, and the environment, building sustainable human and natural ecosystems, developing global citizens, creating data-driven science and cybersystems, and designing next-generation materials and manufacturing technologies.
Let’s work together
Our world-class scientists, state-of-the-art infrastructure, and the combined intellect of 1,800 faculty, 36,000 students and 7,700 staff can offer knowledge-based solutions to your most difficult problems.
Start the process
The Office of Economic Development and Industry Relations can connect you with ISU research resources to move your business forward. Contact Kristine Johansen, program manager, at email@example.com or 515-294-3208.
The Office of Intellectual Property and Technology Transfer and the Iowa State University Research Foundation can help you license and invest in recent Iowa State-developed technologies. Contact Lisa Lorenzen, executive director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 515-294-4740.
You can also use the following resources:
- The Center for Industrial Research and Service (CIRAS) provides a variety of services to assist Iowa manufacturing companies, including productivity improvement, product development, engineering, management practices, supply chain management, sustainability, industrial research, and government contracting.
- The College of Business can provide your business with feasibility studies, technology solutions, sales force training, strategic planning, market research, and more.
- The ISU Pappajohn Center for Entrepreneurship, in partnership with the ISU Small Business Development Center, provides a wide variety of business-related guidance and assistance to both startup and existing businesses.
- The Plant Sciences Institute’s Innovations Development Facility allows ISU faculty, staff, and students to commercialize research and/or create a startup company in a university setting.
- The Agricultural Entrepreneurship Initiative provides students, faculty, and staff with practical agribusiness development and entrepreneurial experiences essential for their success in future careers and endeavors.
- The CyBiz Lab provides an opportunity for cross-functional teams of undergraduate and graduate students to work on business and organizational projects.
We have established multiple successful partnerships, including the following:
- A one-of-a-kind biofuel pilot plant collaboration with Chevron that converts biomass, such as quarter-inch wood chips, into oils, chemicals, and a biochar that enriches the soil.
- A partnership with the City of Cedar Rapids that is expanding extensive bioprocessing activities in the city.
- Our biopolymers pilot plant, a public-private partnership that works to commercialize biopolymers for more sustainable plastics and asphalts.
- An Iowa State – IBM partnership to help Iowa State students develop the business and IT skills needed for data-intensive careers.